Petroleum Engineering Study Program:
Petroleum Engineering program prepares our graduates to contribute to the upstream oil and gas sector. The program outcomes that our graduate will achieve within 5 years of completion their studies are:
- Applied science and technology for solving challenges in upstream oil and gas industries, individually as well as in a multidisciplinary team, as a leader as well as a team member, while always have a high regard for environmental protection and professional ethics.
- The necessary competitiveness to develop career in various upstream petroleum fields, including engineering practices, management, business, regulation, and education.
- The competitive edge in lifelong learning through higher education, research and other ever expanding professional activities.
The student outcomes from Petroleum Engineering ITB are:
- Ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics.
- Ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences.
- Ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- Ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives.
- Ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions.
- Ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies.