Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
Our graduates will posses:
- Perform as professionals in the petroleum industry with excellent technical competency to solve challenges in the Industry with high regard to safety, health, environmental standards, and professional ethics.
- Be successful in the diverse career development in various petroleum fields, including engineering practices, management, business, education, government, and regulatory agencies.
- Continue their life-long learning process through higher education, research, and professional organizations to rally with the rapidly emerging technology.
At the time of graduation the student will have the following outcome:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs with realistic constraints
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice